Chivas is a blend of many different malt and grain Scotch whiskies, matured for at least 12 years. This rich, smooth blend balances style with substance and tradition with a modern twist.
The Chivas Collins:
- 2 x slices of green apple (Granny Smith)
- 50ml Chivas 12yr
- 100ml Lemonade 50ml Soda Water
- 1 x Lime wheel
- Place the apple slices at the bottom of the glass and pour Chivas over them. Allow to stand for a few minutes. The slices of apple are placed in first to interact with the whisky, opening up the orchard fruit signature notes within the Chivas taste profile.
- Fill with large ice cubes.
- Slowly pour the lemonade. The citrus balances out the honey notes of the whisky.
- Give it a stir.
- Top with soda. The soda water lengthens the drink further, making it less sweet and adding an extra touch of fizz.
- Garnish with a lime wheel and serve with a long clear straw.