Created by Maurice Hennessy in 1870 for his circle of friends, X.O was introduced a new style of Cognac without comparison. Hennessy X.O is the emblematic icon of the House.
Deep and powerful, the eaux-de-vie of Hennessy X.O are aged in young barrels and marked out by their power and energy, but also by their capacity to achieve a great roundness through time.
Our Tasting Committee has explored every facet of the blend and they have identified several emotions that they have assimilated to an odyssey through 7 chapters:
- Sweet Notes: The palate is warmly embraced by flavours of candied fruit
- Rising Heat: The intriguing sensation of an intense, rising heat slowly reveals the complex taste of eaux-de-vie that have patiently aged in oak barrels.
- Spicy Edge: Perception of a strong spicy note. It tantalises the lips and palate with its distinct peppery flavour intertwined with a hint of chocolate.
- Flowing Flame: A wave of warmth grows, crests and then breaks. A robust presence, full and voluptuous, is felt.
- Chocolate Lull: There is the gradual discovery of something very familiar. It is the well-rounded flavour of a rich, dark chocolate.
- Wood Crunches: A striking sensation is suddenly felt – the vigorous ebb and flow of oak notes interlaced with vanilla.
- Infinite Echo: The evanescent oak notes leave a long, omnipresent finish in their wake. Seemingly endless, it echoes all of the subtleties of each taste and sensation that has preceded it.
- Sweet notes, rising heat, spicy edge, flowing flame, chocolate lull, wood crunches, infinite echo
- Created by Maurice Hennessy in 1870 for his friends, a new style of Cognac without comparison