Fashion & Accessories
- Collection Locations
The Loop Privacy Statement
This Privacy Statement applies to all personal information collected by daa plc for the purposes specified below. The purpose of this statement is to let you know what to expect when daa collects personal information about you via our websites, telephone, email, mobile devices, manual forms, or in person.
With this Privacy Statement, we want to provide transparency on how we treat personal information and the purposes for which we collect data.
This Privacy Statement applies to individuals that:
- Purchase goods at one of The Loop stores or online through The Loop website
- Sign up to receive information such as newsletters and offers
- Enter any competition or participate in any promotion which we may offer from time to time
- Participate in any events at The Loop stores
- Submit a query via email, phone, online form or postal correspondence
- Visit our website, domains or use one of our apps
The Information We Collect About You and The Purpose for Collecting Information
We may collect information about you via this website, telephone, email, mobile devices, forms, or in person. We may collect the following personal information from you:
- Purchases for collection - for purchases made in store for collection at a later date or online for collection, we may collect your name, email address, contact number, flight information and credit card billing address. We collect this information to enable us to complete the transaction for the product you have purchased. Your information is processed in this respect for the performance of the contract between daa, as data controller, and you, the data subject.
- Duty-free purchases - for duty free purchases, we collect flight details as provided on your boarding card. The information collected is limited to the item purchased and flight information such as the airline and destination details. We collect this information to comply with legal and regulatory obligations.
- Passport information – your passport may be requested in retail outlets that are past US Preclearance, officially known as US Customs & Border Patrol (USCBP) to verify your age and residency status. We collect this data under the terms of the treaty to implement USCBP agreed between Ireland and the USA.
- Competitions – we may collect information such as your name, contact details and address when you enter competitions we run in-store or via our social media channels. We process this information to select competition winners and fulfil delivery of any such prizes, in line with our competition terms and conditions. We will ask for your consent to process this information for the purposes of administering the competition when you enter and for the purposes of publicity in relation to the competition.
- Staff purchases – if you are a member of staff at daa or its associated affiliates, we may also collect information such as your Airport ID number and daa associated affiliate, if applicable. This information is required to enable us to complete the transaction for the product you have purchased. We collect this data as part of the fulfilment of a sales contract with you as a person eligible for a discounted price.
Direct Marketing Communications and Permissions– if we wish to gather information to contact you, e.g. for marketing purposes, we will ask for your consent to do so in advance. If you have purchased products or services from us, we may offer you reminders or information to assist us in delivering those services unless you have asked us not to contact you in relation to products or services purchased. If you have provided consent, you can unsubscribe at any time to remove that consent.
This Privacy Statement applies to individuals that have given their consent to avail of direct marketing communications from daa plc regarding promotions, products or services electronically via email, SMS and / or push notifications.
We would like to provide you with information about new products, promotions, special offers, services and other information that we feel you may be interested in. As part of a purchase on our digital channels, we offer you the opportunity to opt in to our marketing communications. You will always be given the opportunity to withdraw that consent on every electronic communication you receive from daa plc by unsubscribing at any time.
When you sign up to marketing communications, we’ll normally contact you by email, but we may also send you marketing texts if you have given us your mobile number for this purpose.
Information you provide may also be used to conduct statistical analysis of our products or services, analyse future trends and build customer profiles. This processing is carried out in daa’s legitimate interests and allows us to ensure customers continue to find our products valuable and so that we can continue to invest in the infrastructure to meet customers’ future needs at Dublin Airport and Cork Airport. This does not affect your rights as a data subject. See the section below entitled “Your Rights in relation to Your Information” for more details.
Who We May Share This Information With
At times, we engage third parties, such as software providers, to assist us in providing our products and services. Your personal information may be shared with these organisations to allow us to provide you with the product or service you have requested.
All personal information collected for the purposes specified in this statement is processed inside the European Union (EU) or the European Economic Area (EEA) and, if transferred to countries located outside the EU or the EEA, will only be transferred to countries that ensure an adequate level of protection or where there are appropriate safeguards in place in compliance with EU data protection laws.
Security and Confidentiality
Any personal information that you provide to daa or its subsidiaries will be treated with the highest standards of security and confidentiality and handled in accordance with Data Protection laws and the General Data Protection Regulation.
Security of your personal data is very important to us. We take all reasonable technical and organisational measures to prevent the loss, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure, or alteration of your personal data. These measures include:
- We apply various levels of access control to restrict access to your personal information to daa employees and contractors who require a level of access as part of their role
- We work with experienced, specialised vendors to develop and maintain our platforms
- We regularly review and audit our security and data protection policies and procedures to ensure a high level of operational security is maintained.
How Long Do We Keep This Information For?
When you provide us with personal information, we delete this information in line with our data retention policy. We will retain the following personal data you have provided for the following time periods;
- Order information – we retain your name, email address, contact number and transaction history for six (6) years
- Credit card information – with your permission, we will store a hash of your card number for identification purposes and ease of future check out. A ‘hash’ is a secure representation of your card number that can be used to identify your card but cannot be used to recreate your card number. We retain the card number hash for six (6) years post the last transaction (you may remove your stored credit card hash reference at any time via ‘My Account’).
Your Rights in Relation to Your Information
Your rights as a data subject are as follows:
- Right to rectification – you have the right to request we rectify any information we hold about you that is inaccurate.
- Right to erasure – you have the right to request we erase any information we hold on you, provided there are valid grounds for doing so and that we may continue to process your personal data if we have a legal basis to do so.
- Right to restriction of processing – you have the right to request we temporarily restrict the processing of your personal information, provided there are valid grounds for doing so.
- Right to data portability – you have the right to obtain a machine-readable copy of the information we hold on you, and have it transferred to another controller if required.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to the processing of your personal information, namely in the case processing is carried out in the legitimate interests of daa.
- Right to lodge a complaint – if you are unhappy with how we have acted in handling your personal information, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority in your EEA country of residence, place of work, or with the Office of the Data Protection Commissioner in Ireland.
- Right to withdraw consent – where you have previously provided your consent, you have the right to withdraw consent to our processing of your information at any time. In certain cases, we may continue to process your information after you have withdrawn consent if we have a legal basis to do so or if your withdrawal of consent was limited to certain processing activities.
If you have any questions or comments about this Privacy Statement, please contact our Data Protection Officer by email at email@example.com or in writing at:
Data Protection Officer
Cargo Building 6, Corballis Park,
Technical details in connection with visits to our websites are logged for statistical purposes only. No information is collected that could be used by daa plc to identify website visitors. The technical details logged are confined to the following:
- the top-level domain name used (e.g. .ie, .com, .org, .net)
- data which shows the traffic of visitors around this website (such as pages accessed, and documents downloaded)
- the type of web browser used by the website visitor
Some of the above information is used to create summary statistics, which allow us to measure the number of visitors to our sites, identify what pages are accessed most frequently and generally help us to increase the usability and accessibility of our sites. We do not release any information or statistics to third parties. By using our websites, you accept the practices described in this Privacy Statement.
Cookies are small text files a website will place on your hard drive to record your preferences on a site or help identify trends for statistical purposes. It is important to note that accepting cookies used on our sites does not give us access to any personal information.
Content Management System - cookies are used as part of the software used to manage and update our website content. The information gathered is not retained and the cookie is deleted when the browser is closed.
Analytics - cookies are used to collect information anonymously to help daa better understand and improve how people interact with our site - they do not record personal information. The cookies collect information including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.
These cookies enable daa to provide important secure features and services. Without them accessing secure online services like The Loop website and Car Parking booking would not be possible.
daa use advertising cookies to measure the effectiveness of advertising campaigns and how we can improve them for you. The advertising cookies used by daa are anonymous and are not used to collect information which can identify the user.
How to delete or set cookie options in browsers
You can delete the cookies stored on your device or alternatively you can change your privacy settings on your browser via the following links:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Open the 'Tools' menu
- Select 'Internet Options'
- Open the 'Security' tab
- Choose the 'Internet' zone
- Identify the security level 'High' for this zone
- Click 'OK'.
- Open the 'Menu' (icon) on the toolbar
- Choose 'Settings'
- Open 'Advanced Settings'
- Go to the 'Privacy' section and click on 'Content Settings'
- In the 'Cookies' section, you can choose how cookies are used when you browse using Chrome.
- Open the 'Edit' menu
- Choose 'Preferences'
- Open 'Privacy & Security'
- Choose 'Cookies'.
What are the cookies used on theloop.ie?
|dwanonymous_*||180 days||Random ID used to identify an unregistered shopper or a shopper who has not yet logged in|
|Dwsid||Session||Identifies the current browsing session|
|Sid||Session||Cookie is used to determine whether to display the cookie hint content asset|
|dwsecuretoken_*||Session||Used with dwsid to secure the session through HTTPS|
|dwcustomer_*||180 days||Identifies a registered shopper (used only when the shopper selects Remember Me)|
|dw_dnt*||Session||Enables Commerce Cloud tracking features (Analytics, Einstein, and ActiveData)|
|dwac_*||Session||Stores the following data for analytics purposes: Session ID, report suite name, shopper's customer ID, source code group ID (encoded), currency mnemonic, and time zone|
|dwpersonalization_*||180 days||Tracks participation in A/B test groups for analytics purposes|
|dwsourcecode_*||Varies from 0-999 days||Stores the source code for campaign and affiliate tracking|
|dw_cookies_accepted||Session||Records that the shopper has acknowledged that cookies are being used|
|dw_TLSWarning||15 minutes when true; 30 minutes when false||Identifies whether the shopper's browser only supports outdated versions of Transport Layer security (TLS). Set to true if the browser fails the compatibility check or if the check cannot be completed.|
These cookies are used to show you relevant content based on your interactions with the site.
|Cqcid||Current||Hashed ID for an unregistered shopper|
|Cqcid||Current||Hashed ID for a known shopper|
|__cq_uuid||13 months||Contains a randomly generated user ID which is used to collect information about the shopper's activities on the merchant's own website|
|__cqact||Current||Holds the queue of browser activities until they are sent|
|__cqviews||Current||If storage is not available, this contains the most recently viewed recommendations until they are sent|
|__cq_anchor||Current||If session Storage is not available, contains the anchor products for recommendations on a page|
|weird_get_top_level_domain||Current||Detects the root domain on the page|
|__cq_bc||30 days||Contains activity history, such as the last 10 products viewed by the shopper|
|__cq_seg||30 days||Enables predictive sort|
|__cq_dnt||10 years||Indicates that the browser has opted out of CC Einstein tracking for this site|
|Cq||Current||Tests whether sessionStorage is available|
|cq.anchor||Current||Contains anchor product IDs|
|cq.viewReco||Current||Contains the most recently viewed recommendations|
|cq.viewSearch||Current||Contains products from the most recent search results|
|cq.viewCategory||Current||Contains products from the most recently viewed category page|
|__cq_seg||30 days||Third-party cookie set on .cquotient.com|
|Uuid||13 months||Contains a randomly generated user ID which is used to track data for analytics purposes|
|Bc||30 days||Contains activity history|
|fd||30 days||Flight details information – saves your journey information|
|fdp||30 days||This confirms that Flight detail popup was read|
|fda||30 days||This confirms that the 'Personalize your shopping experience' line was read|
Google Analytics is a simple, easy-to-use tool that helps website owners measure how users interact with website content.
|_ga||2 years||Used to distinguish users|
|_gid||24 hours||Used to distinguish users|
|_gat||1 minute||Used to throttle request rate|
|_gac_||90 days||Contains campaign related information for the user where Google Analytics and Adwords have been linked|
|__utma||2 years from set/update||Used to distinguish users and sessions|
|__utmt||10 minutes||Used to distinguish users and sessions|
|__utmb||30 mins from set/update||Used to determine new sessions/visits|
|__utmc||End of session||Used to determine whether the user was in a new session/visit|
|__utmz||6 months from set/update||Stores the traffic source or campaign|
|__utmv||2 years from set/update||Used to store visitor-level custom variable data|
Google Analytics for Display Advertisers
For customers that are using Google Analytics' Display Advertiser features, such as remarketing, a third-partyDoubleClick cookie is used in addition to the other cookies described in this document for just these features.
|__utmx||18 months||Used to determine a user's inclusion in an experiment|
|__utmxx||18 months||Used to determine the expiry of experiments a user has been included in|
|_gaexp||Typically 90 days||Used to determine a user's inclusion in an experiment and the expiry of experiments a user has been included in|
Third Party Cookies
Xtremepush: A global Multi-Channel Experience and Engagement Marketing Platform.
|_xpid||100 years||This cookie stores the client ID assigned by the SDK|
|_xpkey||100 years||This cookie stores the Xtremepush Client key for the specific integration|
|fpa=P0-637818636-1294088227693||13 Months||A value of a first party cookie value set in a non-Quantcast domain such as a publisher’s domain; the first-party cookie appears in the browser as a cookie named “__qca”|
|mc=5bb75135-bd606-808bc-f1290||13 Months||A value of a third-party cookie set in the quantserve.com domain which is a domain managed by Quantcast; the third-party cookie appears in the browser as a cookie named “mc”|
|13 Months||A value of a third-party cookie set in the quantserve.com domain. The value of this cookie is a compact encoding of the mc cookie’s membership in retargeting segments and information about third-party partners of Quantcast, such as advertising exchanges. The third-party cookie appears in the browser as a cookie named “d”|
ADARA's cookie collects information about your travel activities and preferences from online travel partner websites, and engage with you through personalized, relevant adverts when you're browsing other websites and social media platforms, and through ADARA analytics services. You can learn more about ADARA and opt out at https://www.adara.com/privacy-promise
|ckid||2 years||Assigns an anonymous unique cookie ID|
|cktst||2 years||Test Parameter test cookie used to determine whether browser accepts 3rd party cookies|
|ph||2 years||Meta Data network pixel firing history no persistent|
|dph||2 years||Meta Data which partners have we seen on this browser no persistent|
|gcma||2 years||Timestamp pixel firing history specific to Google RTB cookie matching|
|aackid||2 years||Anonymous ID2 cookie id for Adara analytics|
|fbh0||2 years||Test Parameter tracks interval key firing for the Facebook tag triggered by Adara|