Created by Maurice Hennessy in 1870 for his circle of friends, X.O was introduced a new style of Cognac without comparison. Hennessy X.O is the emblematic icon of the House.
Deep and powerful, the eaux-de-vie of Hennessy X.O are aged in young barrels and marked out by their power and energy, but also by their capacity to achieve a great roundness through time.
Our Tasting Committee has explored every facet of the blend and they have identified several emotions that they have assimilated to an odyssey through 7 chapters:
- Sweet Notes: The palate is warmly embraced by flavours of candied fruit
- Rising Heat: The intriguing sensation of an intense, rising heat slowly reveals the complex taste of eaux-de-vie that have patiently aged in oak barrels.
- Spicy Edge: Perception of a strong spicy note. It tantalises the lips and palate with its distinct peppery flavour intertwined with a hint of chocolate.
- Flowing Flame: A wave of warmth grows, crests and then breaks. A robust presence, full and voluptuous, is felt.
- Chocolate Lull: There is the gradual discovery of something very familiar. It is the well-rounded flavour of a rich, dark chocolate.
- Wood Crunches: A striking sensation is suddenly felt – the vigorous ebb and flow of oak notes interlaced with vanilla.
- Infinite Echo: The evanescent oak notes leave a long, omnipresent finish in their wake. Seemingly endless, it echoes all of the subtleties of each taste and sensation that has preceded it.
- Sweet notes, rising heat, spicy edge, flowing flame, chocolate lull, wood crunches, infinite echo
- Created by Maurice Hennessy in 1870 for his friends, a new style of Cognac without comparison
With our FREE Click & Collect service, you can now place your order up to 12 hours in advance of collection and pick it up from one of our convenient collection points in Terminal 1 and Terminal 2 in Dublin airport or in Cork airport (72 hours in advance for Cork).
Prefer to travel handsfree? You can shop online before you fly and collect your purchases on your arrival back into Ireland. We only need 12 hours* to prepare your order and we’ll have it ready and waiting for you at the Click & Collect desk in the Arrivals Hall. There are so many ways to shop at theloop.ie You can choose to collect your order at one of the following Collection Points:
Terminal 1 Departures: Our Click & Collect desk is conveniently located in The Loop Store, directly after you exit security.
Terminal 1 Arrivals: After you pass through Customs and enter the Arrivals Hall, the Click & Collect desk is conveniently located on your right.
Terminal 2 Departures: After you pass through the security screening area, walk through the shopping area and you will see the Click & Collect Collection Desk at the end of the walkway.
Terminal 2 Arrivals: Immediately after you pass through the customs screening area, you will see The Loop arrivals shopping area on your right. Our collection point is located here.
Departures: Directly after security, at the Click & Collect desk in The Loop store
Arrivals: At the Information Desk in the Arrivals Hall
*All orders for collection in Cork airport must be placed at least 72 hours in advance
Maps and Further details for Collection Points