Created by Maurice Hennessy in 1870 for his circle of friends, X.O was introduced a new style of Cognac without comparison. Hennessy X.O is the emblematic icon of the House.
Deep and powerful, the eaux-de-vie of Hennessy X.O are aged in young barrels and marked out by their power and energy, but also by their capacity to achieve a great roundness through time.
Our Tasting Committee has explored every facet of the blend and they have identified several emotions that they have assimilated to an odyssey through 7 chapters:
- Sweet Notes: The palate is warmly embraced by flavours of candied fruit
- Rising Heat: The intriguing sensation of an intense, rising heat slowly reveals the complex taste of eaux-de-vie that have patiently aged in oak barrels.
- Spicy Edge: Perception of a strong spicy note. It tantalises the lips and palate with its distinct peppery flavour intertwined with a hint of chocolate.
- Flowing Flame: A wave of warmth grows, crests and then breaks. A robust presence, full and voluptuous, is felt.
- Chocolate Lull: There is the gradual discovery of something very familiar. It is the well-rounded flavour of a rich, dark chocolate.
- Wood Crunches: A striking sensation is suddenly felt – the vigorous ebb and flow of oak notes interlaced with vanilla.
- Infinite Echo: The evanescent oak notes leave a long, omnipresent finish in their wake. Seemingly endless, it echoes all of the subtleties of each taste and sensation that has preceded it.
- Sweet notes, rising heat, spicy edge, flowing flame, chocolate lull, wood crunches, infinite echo
- Created by Maurice Hennessy in 1870 for his friends, a new style of Cognac without comparison
Please note that photographic proof of identity, a valid boarding card and your order confirmation email must be shown to collect the order. In order for us to prepare your order, it must be placed at least 12hrs prior to departure from Dublin and 48hrs prior to departure from Cork.
See our Collection Point page for further details on where to pick up your order.